Training > Self Study
UNHCR Self-Study Modules
UNHCR has produced a series of self taught modules for those requiring a basis in refugee law and the work of UNHCR in particular. They are available direct from the UNHCR website – www.unhcr.org.
- Self-Study Module 1: An Introduction to International Protection: Protecting Persons of Concern to UNHCR, 1 August 2005
- Self-Study Module 2: Refugee Status Determination. Identifying Who is a Refugee, 1 September 2005
- Self-Study Module 3: Interpreting in a Refugee Context, 1 January 2009
- Self-Study Module 5, Vol. I: Human Rights and Refugee Protection, 15 December 2006
- Self-Study Module 5, Vol. II: Human Rights and Refugee Protection, 15 December 2006
- Self-Study Module: Resettlement Learning Programme, October 2011 (Revised)
- Self-Study Module: Resettlement Learning Programme 2013 – 2014 version (published October 2012)
LGBTI Self – Study Module
Produced by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and thus the rules are US-oriented, it provides useful materials generally.