AMERA International is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
AMERA International may change this policy from time to time by updating this web page. Please check it from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and skills to allow us to identify volunteering opportunities
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and volunteering interests
- Other information relevant to donations
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence
- Information you provide to us through working with us
- Information provided by your employer required for references. This includes your role within the organisation and personal responsibilities.
- Information provided by you or your employer to conduct due diligence checks for employability.
- Information that is not personal information. This information does not identify you or anyone else. For example, you may respond to an anonymous survey to help us improve the quality of our services
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To ensure that we only offer you pertinent services and products
- To advise you about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To manage our relationship with you
- To provide products, services and support to you
- To improve and develop products, services and support including through quality control, research and data analysis activities
- To keep details of approved suppliers of quality services as required by ISO9001.
- To process and respond to any complaint made by you
- To answer enquiries
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To provide you with access to protected areas of our websites
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. AMERA International’s database software provider is certified to ISO27001 and takes security very seriously.
To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
If you post, comment, indicate interest or complaint, or share personal information, including photographs, to any public forum on an AMERA International site, social network, blog, or other such forum, please be aware that any information you submit can be read, viewed, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes that neither you nor AMERA International have control over. AMERA International is not responsible for the personal information you choose to provide in these forums.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps run applications efficiently, analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences and holding this information locally in a cookie to improve performance.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
AMERA International maintains personal data in line with applicable law in the UK including the Data Protection Act 1998.
The GDPR includes the following rights for individuals:
– The right to be informed;
– The right of access;
– The right to rectification;
– The right to erasure;
– The right to restrict processing;
– The right to data portability;
– The right to object; and
– The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including
AMERA International does not knowingly collect information from children as defined by local law. We would encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online presence.
Changes to this policy
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or selecting the unsubscribe function on our emails. Additionally, you can request to unsubscribe by emailing us at: email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We will provide individuals with reasonable access to personal information that AMERA International holds, and the reasonable ability to review and correct it or ask for deletion, as applicable. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your data.
Contacting us and how to make a complaint
AMERA International keeps all records relating to personal information in the UK. No records are kept outside of the UK.