RIPS is a web browser solution, which can be installed onsite or in the cloud. It comprises RIPS Manager and RIPSWeb.
RIPS Manager is a web-based configuration tool for supervisors of RIPS, which means your system can be configured from anywhere in the world.
RIPS Manager enables you to define all the configuration required to run the main RIPS module.
- The client information you wish to capture
- Directories where electronic records are kept for your clients
- Services offered to clients (such as, refugee status determination, psychosocial support, sexual and gender-based violence, outreach, minors, and trafficking and so on).
- Activities associated with each service (eg interview, preparation work, written testimony, case review, court attendance, language and so on).
- Caseworkers and associated access permissions to client information
- Teams and team leaders
- Contact types (doctor, forensic examiner, psychologist, dentist, teacher and so on)
- Dependency types (parents, children, siblings, partner)
- Additional information required for minors
- Look ups/drop downs to give you prompts for how your organisation defines categories within your case management (for example, ethnic origin, countries of origin, languages spoken, immigration status, nationalities)
- Organisation details
- Reports and report groups (e.g. clients, caseworkers, team leaders and statistics for funding requests)
RIPSWeb allows caseworkers and local staff to maintain client and case records.
It is username and password protected and only provides access to a caseworker’s respective cases. Access can be restricted to those cases of the individual caseworker or to a team of caseworkers, as required. This is managed through RIPS Manager.
Through the RIPSWeb, you register your clients and record all the necessary client demographics, which have been configured through RIPS Manager.
A caseworker can register details of all activities and engagement made with their clients. You can instantly see a history of all activities undertaken with a specific client to ensure that cases are handled efficiently.
RIPS allows caseworkers to print out details of complete attendance notes for each activity and summary reports – for individuals and for their complete caseload.
By default, caseworkers access their own caseload most of the time, so for quick recall of a case, they like to view their own caseload. They can do this with a click of a button. With RIPS they can also search for an individual and extract information about the case relating to a specific person.
The caseworker may not be able to see all the details if they do not have the right privileges, but they will be able to see those details tagged as ‘public’.
Naturally, RIPS enforces a strict control over what caseworkers can see based on their team membership to ensure confidential information is private. Team leaders can also see the details of all cases relating to the caseworkers within their teams so that they can offer training, assistance and management support where required.
RIPS includes a very useful reporting function, which enables organisations to generate reports for all manner of purposes – be it for the client, caseworker, or team leader.
Furthermore, management information for funding can be provided to support funding requests and contracts. While many users will produce their reports in Excel, RIPS also provides its own report templates for your use.
If you want to create your own personalised report designs, you can also purchase ReportDesigner from Applied Network Solutions or OpenText.
- RIPS protects clients, caseworkers and all their data from inappropriate attack.
- RIPS improves quality of case management processes and encourages appropriate work flows, quality of service and time management – leading to positive outcomes for cases.
- Increases efficiency and productivity.
- Provides ongoing reports – to cover, for example, key business metrics and other management information. This is a very important facility as funders often require this to confirm their money is being well spent.
- RIPS software is free of charge.
RIPS protects clients, caseworkers and all their data:
All data is stored on and off site – eliminating the threat of natural and manmade loss of data in local offices. Off-site data hosting is managed by Applied Network Solutions’ experienced IT experts in the UK, while confidentiality of subscriber is maintained. This avoids misuse if a laptop or hardware ever ended up in the wrong hands.
Caseworkers use a web browser on their laptop/PCs to store information away safely. Access to this web browser is protected by a username and password that only provides access to the respective cases of the caseworker. This high-level safeguarding of the data consequently keeps the client and the caseworkers safe.
Click here to find out more about Applied Network Solutions’ hosting services.
RIPS improves quality of case management processes:
RIPS has been structured to manage any type of case – including Refugee Status Determination, minors, sexual and gender-based violence, female genital mutilation, as well as detainees, education records and community outreach.
It is designed for a fast configuration with the RIPS Manager. A caseworker can register details of each engagement with a client, and then track and review relevant history.
RIPS also provides an effective way for users to manage and store information which may previously have been stored in numerous places and in a less organised manner. Holding the information in one central repository, provided by RIPS, also helps to expose any gaps in management information.
With RIPs, you can also print out finalised sections of reports, with all relevant data; as well as generation of final reports for refugee status determination and so on.
Not only does RIPS provide a safe and secure way of storing data, it is a crucial tool to help caseworkers keep on top of their caseload.
In short, RIPS case management system enables caseworkers to easily track and record things, pass cases over to other caseworkers in a timely and professional manner, spot gaps in information and generate reports for courts, lawyers, public authorities and others.
RIPS is freely available:
There are no costs to receive or to use this case management system. If you choose to use or try RIPS, we will give you access to download the software and provide you with a handbook for set up and training via WebEx or Skype.
If required, our staff can travel to your office for on-site installation and training. Please note that our staff costs (travel and sustenance) will need to be covered for this.
All other online services are free of charge.
- RIPS Manager allows you to configure RIPSWeb to your working practices and to scale it instantly to your changing requirements. Configuration of your system is undertaken via a web browser so you can coordinate legal aid on a global, regional or local scale. RIPS can be used by organisations of all sizes.
- The comprehensive reporting function allows caseworkers to plan and manage their time.
- We operate as a support desk for RIPS users, enabling issues to be resolved quickly and ensuring continuity of service.
- Our support staff can help you configure your system from anywhere in the world. We offer remote and on-site training, for all aspects of RIPS.
- RIPSWeb provides reports which can be used to evaluate management controls. These reports can also be used to justify and support funding proposals.